My Psalm

Originally written 07/09/2015



Oh Lord, how beautiful to me is your presence.

In the morning, you bless the earth with dew, life-giving water in our midst.

In the day, your sun shines upon us, warming us as your love enfolds us.

In the evening, the stars and moon guide our ways, just as your love for us in times of darkness.

In the night, the calm comforts us to rest in you, and the promise of a new day gives us hope. 



You make your presence known in the gentle breeze, the crisp air, the beautiful colors that you have painted on Earth's great palette.

In the rolling stream, I hear your whisper.

In the sounds of your birds and creatures, I hear your song...music for our souls.

In the crashing waves of the ocean, I see your power.

In the claps of thunder, I hear your might.

In the grandeur of the mountains, I adore your magnificent creation.

The trees reach to you and worship with outstretched arms.

The scent of the forest is full of your wonders.

In my brothers and sisters, I see your face, I feel your touch, and experience your love.



Your presence is made known to me in quiet company with those who mourn.

Your presence is made known to me in joyful company of those who celebrate in joy!

Your presence is made known to me in the sharing of our faith, and in the learning of your word.

Oh Lord, how beautiful to me is your presence. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jesus, Model of Humility

Better to mourn than to feast?

Imago Dei: Creation Receiving and Sharing God’s Love